Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 7- Chiang Mai to Phuket

My taxi driver has a sense of humor.

It's time to depart the mountainous north of Thailand and head for the world's most beautiful beaches on the Andaman Sea coast. My morning flight from Chiang Mai to Phuket brings me to the stunning Andaman Sea and Karon Beach. The transfer from the airport takes about 3 hours because of traffic and awful taxi drivers, but then I'm quickly off to enjoy a short "warm up" coastal paddle. Don't worry, I will take lots of pictures! Maybe I'll even have a kayak guide do the paddling at some point so I can relax and enjoy the view...

The most important part of this day was dinner. I found a Mexican restaurant at Karon Beach and went to town with tacos. I don't know if I was just really over Thai food, but this was some stellar mexi-fun. I downed it and with my now happy Buddha belly, could go on for a few more days on Thai food. 

Future plans include: kayaking, beach camping, rock climbing, exploring the small islands by longtail boat and yes, some relaxing beach time!

No comments:

Post a Comment