Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 3- Trekking continues

Today is a beautiful day of trekking (4 hours), following jungle trails through large stands of bamboo, coconut and banana trees through another village. We pass through countless coffee bean farms and are greeted by workers harvesting their goods. Periodic views into the lush valleys below are an excellent treat along the way. One of the dogs (who I named Scout) follows us all the way down the trail. My guide tells me that he does this every time he hikes through and he'll be able to find his way back home. Impressive. I certainly could not find my way back through that jungle!
Scout

In the early afternoon we meet our vehicles for a transfer to a local "resort" where I am able to enjoy a well-deserved hot shower and cold beverage, relax by the pool, and treat myself to a Thai massage! Only 200 Bhat for an hour ($6- and that's the resort price!). I cannot believe how strong this little old lady's hands are- she kicked my butt! I definitely need to have more Thai massages while I'm here.



Rubber tree farm 
Green tea leaves picked right off the hillside plantation.

Coffee bean tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment