Wednesday, December 7, 2011

All packed up and ready to go!

I'm all packed up and ready to go! Problem is, I'm not leaving for 4 more days. I cannot seem to focus on anything right now, including my upcoming end-of-rotation exam on Obstetrics and Gynecology. Tomorrow is my last day in Gyn clinic, an exam on Friday followed by a meeting with my clinical coordinator, then I'll reconsider everything I've packed and obviously decide that I am missing something and start over, and then at 4:30 am Saturday morning my amazing roommate is taking me to the airport! I'm just praying for good weather because every year, no matter where I live, there seems to be a snow storm on the first day of our winter break leaving me stranded. It's been 70 degrees so far this December so this better not change!!! 

On a completely different note, I wanted to clarify something before I leave. Many of you have emailed me a little worried that I am going to be trekking through these hill tribe villages on my own --getting lost in the mountains, not getting to do the touristy things in Chiang Mai, and one of you was even concerned about me getting kidnapped and sold into the sex slave industry. Well, I probably won't get to do a lot of the touristy things in Chiang Mai and I will certainly do my best not to get kidnapped, but I can reassure you that I am meeting a small group of total strangers at my hotel in Chiang Mai on Monday morning and we will be led through the mountains by a Thai native. But then I'll be on my own =) 

I cannot wait to get hiking, biking, kayaking and rock climbing! I've been preparing all summer. See... 
(I'm really just trying to figure out how to post pics within my post)



So next time you hear from me, I will be en route to Chiang Mai! Hope you all have a great end to the week and to all my classmates- good luck on your EOR exam!!! Now, back to the books... 

No comments:

Post a Comment