Monday, December 26, 2011

Ao Nang, Krabi

Ao Nang is located just a few miles from Krabi Town on the beach of Krabi Province. (Pearl: Ao = bay, and Ko = island) It's a cute little area, mostly known for the longtail boat drivers lining the shore to drum up passengers and take them on any number of adventures from snorkeling to day trips to Railay Beach. Once in Ao Nang, I noticed there were many more families and older couples roaming around. A mature audience... a much needed break from the crazy lady-boy roaming, young prostitute dancing, drunken Russian yelling streets of Patong Beach. 

After dropping off my bags at my hostel, I decided to head out to the beach to catch the sunset. All the longtail boats were coming in, dropping heaps of passengers off from their day trips. I wondered along the beach and noticed booth after booth of massage vendors and decided to grab a massage in the next day or two. 300Bht for 1 hour. Not too shabby. 

My Aussie friends and I decided to wander together and see what else was going on here in Ao Nang. We found this little cove of bars and restaurants and decided to pop in for a drink. As soon as we sat down, a group of 3 young boys started street dancing for us. We enjoyed the show! 
Our street performers / dinner entertainment
The next few days the girls and I hung out, roaming the beaches, getting Thai massage, rock climbing (couldn't convince the girls to do this one), and a day trip to Railay Beach. It was so much fun and I feel like I had known the girls forever! I'm definitely going to have to get out to Australia to visit soon! 

Here's a few pics of us goofing around on our last night together in Ao Nang.


Relaxing after a Coconut Oil Massage ($6/hr)

Completely missed their chest bump. I suck at taking the jumping pics!






No comments:

Post a Comment